Learning & development
In 2023 we want to put a focus on learning and development. We want to invest in you as a talent by offering targeted training courses, so that you can grow further in your role, develop new competencies and build on your current expertise.
Rules of the game! Before you register we would just like to go over a few practicalities.
- Whether or not to participate actively in training courses is your call entirely; apart from the onboarding course, none of the training courses are mandatory.
- If you do register, then you will be expected to attend, except in exceptional and/or unforeseen circumstances or if you submit a doctor's note. It goes without saying that you must notify us in advance if you are unable to attend.
- If you do make a habit of cancelling, this will be taken into account and will come up in your end-of-year evaluation.
You can register using the form at the bottom of this page.
ONBOARDING TRAINING FOR SCIENCE TALENTS
During the onboarding course you will be initiated into the ins and outs of the world of consultancy, including practical matters such as timesheets, absences, requests for leave and so on, but we will also cover your evolution as a consultant, our ambassadorship, not forgetting the fun part of being a consultant! In short, at the end of this training course, consultancy will no longer have any secrets for you. The course will be run at the Elewijt Center (Tervuursesteenweg 564, 1982 Zemst), and will be taught in Dutch. Each course runs from 16:30 to 19:00, followed by dinner, taking us through to 21:00. Dates throughout the year are shown below:
- Onboarding 1: 15 February
- Onboarding 2: 19 April
- Onboarding 3: 19 June
- Onboarding 4: 24 August
- Onboarding 5: 19 October
- Onboarding 6: 11 December
INSIGHTS DISCOVERY: THE JOURNEY (1)
The aim of this course is to help you to recognise that every person is unique, that we all have different needs and expectations, and different ways of communicating and working. Insights Discovery uses a simple four-colour model to help you recognise your personal preferences and to more easily identify the feelings and preferences of others. During this course you will explore your own unique colour mix!
This course is held at the Elewijt Center on the following dates and times:
- Session 1: 3 May, 09:00 to 17:00
- Session 2: 23 November 09:00 to 17:00
Who is it for? Your Career Manager will contact you about this.
INSIGHTS DISCOVERY: POWERFUL COMMUNICATION (2)
Powerful communication is all about choosing the right words, and timing. To understand one another well, it is vital to assess the body language and communication style of the person you are dealing with, and to tailor your own communications to match. This course covers communication, body language, giving and receiving feedback, how to deliver a difficult message, and more. It will help you to achieve your goals by means of effective communication.
This course follows on from the initial Insights Discovery course and will take place at the Elewijt Center at the following dates and times:
- Session 1: 1 June 14:00 to 18:00
- Session 2: 30 November 14:00 to 18:00
Who is it for? Your Career Manager will contact you about this. Consultants with the longest seniority will have precedence.
IN CHARGE OF YOUR OWN BRAIN
On completing this course you will have acquired new insights into the way our brains work and the effects of stress. You will learn how to deal with distractions of all kinds as well as receiving tips about setting priorities and focusing on tasks. Among other things, the course will cover: dealing with distractions at work, multitasking and focustasking. You will learn to distinguish minor tasks from major projects, and how to set the right priorities. You will also explore the power of saying "no", planning and diary management, the importance of good communication and solutions-oriented thinking. The course will conclude with individual and group exercises, followed by an action plan.
This course will take place at the Elewijt Center on the following dates:
- Session 1: 28 March
- Session 2: 16 May
Who is it for? Consultants who have been with us for longer than a year are the target audience. Only 12 places are available, these will be allocated on a "first come, first served" basis. If all the places are already taken, you will be put on a waiting list. If you haven't been with us for a year yet but you are interested, you can always go on the waiting list.
Last registrations for the 28 March session are on 20 March, with 1 May the last day to register for the session on 16 May.
We expect this course to take place in Q3-Q4 of 2023.
This course will teach you how to plan the management of one or more projects. The course explores the planning, objectives, resources, time, monitoring and aftercare of a project, and how to tackle these tasks efficiently. Efficient project management will improve your project's chances of success and ensure sound risk management and help achieve the intended objectives and outcomes.
This is an online course and requires a basic grasp of French.
- The next session is expected to take place in Q1-Q2 2024.
Note: this course will only proceed if enough participants have registered. Use the form below to register. Your Career Manager will then let you know if the course is going ahead and where and when it will take place.
This is an online course and is expected to take place in Q2-Q3 of 2023. It focuses on improving technical writing skills in the area of procedures, instructions and non-conformities, as well as CAPAs. The following topics will be covered:
- Rewriting example texts using the 5 Cs of technical writing.
- Incorporating visuals, flow charts and RACIs.
- The use of attention signs to reduce human error.
- Writing and reporting about non-conformities and other quality reports
- Carrying out effective cause analysis and formulating corrective and preventative measures
- Discussing lessons learned
- Improving technical writing skills in the areas of procedures, instructions and non-conformities, CAPAs.
This training consists of 7 sessions, eacht time from 6pm to 8pm online via Zoom. All sessions must be attended: 15/05 - 5/06 - 19/06 - 08/05 - 09/05 - 22/05 - 23/05.
CEVORA TRAINING COURSES
Language: These courses are offered in Dutch, French and English.
- You can view the available options on the platform.
- Like to register for a course? Just contact your Career Manager.
You can consult the Cevora platform here.
Use the form below to apply for your chosen courses. Your Career Manager will deal with your application and get in contact with you.