If you have any questions about our services and your privacy, you can contact House of Talents at any time via GDPR@houseoftalents.be.
House of Talents views the careful handling of personal data as a priority. We therefore process and protect personal data with the necessary due care. We carry out these processes in compliance with the requirements set under the GDPR and the Act of 30 July 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data.
1. What personal information do we process?
If you apply for a job via our websites or in some other way, we will ask for your consent before processing your personal details so that we can help you to find a suitable job.
A.1. If you use our websites, we collect:
- technical information about your device, such as your IP address, browser type, geographical location, and operating system
A.2. If you fill in a contact form or sign up for a newsletter, event, or webinar, we can collect the following details:
- name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number
- your current employer and your current job
- information about your education and your work experience
- your curriculum vitae and/or personal statement
- the log details of your message (date, time)
A.3. If we consider you to be a talent, we can collect:
- notes taken during the job application procedure
- profile name and password for our online portal
- evaluation forms, recommendations, results of tests and assessments
- external and internal payroll information
- the log details of the interview (date, time, who you communicated with, etc.)
- other personal details that you issue to us.
A.4. House of Talents sometimes also processes public information, namely information that can be found in public databases, such as the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises, information that you have made public yourself on a website, information that is generally known or which has been published in the media.
A.6. We do not use any automated data processing or profiling.
2. Purposes and legal basis for the processing
We process your personal details so that we can offer you the requested information, products, and services in a personal and efficient way.
B.1. If you contact us via the contact form with a question or a comment, we will process your personal details on the basis of our legitimate interests (so that we can answer your questions) or on the legal basis of the performance of the agreement (if you want to use our services).
B.2. If you are looking for a job, we will process your personal details:
- to help you find a suitable job
- to communicate with you about open vacancies and the progress of any job applications
- to send your details to suitable prospective employers in connection with the job application process
- to send you messages about open vacancies which we think might be interesting for you
- to give you help and advice during your search for a new job
- to give you information about general trends in the employment market
- to ask for your feedback about our services and to fulfil our obligations towards our clients if you are offered a job
We do this on the legal basis of the performance of the agreement. After all, we have made it our duty to match the right candidate with the right vacancy and the right client.
B.3. If you ask us to work with you as a client, we will process your personal details:
- so we can provide you with the requested services
- to send you reports about the work that we carry out for you
- to give you advice about relevant services and products
- to give you information about general trends in the employment market
- to ask for your feedback about our services.
The performance of the agreement is also the legal basis in this case.
B.4. In addition, we will process your personal details in order to comply with our legal obligations or to comply with any reasonable requests from the competent law enforcement agencies or representatives, the courts, and government bodies or organizations, such to include the competent data protection authorities.
We will do this on the basis of a legal obligation.
B.5. We can process your personal data in order to perform statistical analyses with a view to improving our website, products, and services, and for the development of new products and services.
We will do this on the basis of our legitimate interests.
8.6. Lastly, we can also process your personal data in connection with events, whitepapers, webinars, or in connection with direct marketing.
In all these cases, processing will be carried out on the basis of consent. House of Talents and its entities will always ask for this consent at the moment when (and at the location on the website where) it wants to collect the information on the basis of consent.
You can exercise your right to withdraw your consent at any time without having to give a reason for such. You can contact us for this via GDPR@houseoftalents.be
3. Transfer to third parties
We will not share or sell any personal data to third parties without your consent.
An exception to this rule is the sharing of data between the companies affiliated to or associated with House of Talents on the basis of the legitimate interests of House of Talents. It is also possible that personal data will be transferred in connection with the performance of your agreement with House of Talents, or to comply with a legal obligation or court order. Lastly, it is also possible that House of Talents might share personal data in connection with a merger or takeover. In that case, however, an effort will be made to keep the sharing of data to a minimum and to ensure the maximum protection of such.
4. Protection of your personal data
House of Talents guarantees a high level of data protection and security, and will take all the reasonable technical and organizational measures necessary to ensure such. We strive to evaluate, and if necessary to modify, these measures at regular intervals. House of Talents accepts no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect damages that arise out of any unlawful processing of your personal data by a third party.
5. Retention period
House of Talents will store your personal data and process it for the period that is necessary for the performance of the agreement and the processing purposes described above.
The matching of suitable profiles is a dynamic process, namely, because as a talent or a client you will continue to grow and thus the range of relevant jobs will change over time.
Your personal data will therefore be stored as follows: an active retention period will apply for the duration of the services and in accordance with the purposes described above, and a passive retention period of five years will apply as soon as there is no longer any contact.
6. Your rights
You have various rights in relation to the processing of your personal data: If we ask for your consent to carry out a certain processing activity, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
If you want to exercise any of the rights listed below, you can contact us at any time via the following e-mail address: GDPR@houseoftalents.be.
- Right of access and inspection
- Right to rectification, deletion, and restriction
- Right to the erasure of your data
- Right to object to direct marketing purposes without having to give a reason and at no cost
- Right to withdraw your consent
- Right to data portability
We will always try to answer your request, and if possible to carry it out, within one month after we receive it.
So that we can deal with your request in the right way, you should provide as many specific details as possible in your request. In addition, we have to be able to verify the identity of the applicant. Therefore, please send a copy of your identity card or identity document with your request.
7. Questions or complaints
If you have any questions or complaints about the way we process your personal data, you can always contact us via the following e-mail address: GDPR@houseoftalents.be
In addition, you can submit a complaint to the Belgian Data Protection Authority: Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels, Belgium, firstname.lastname@example.org