Are you interested in being the lead for new paint formulas with resins? We are looking for someone who wants to be a valued contributor and member of a talented and dynamic team. The Quality Manager will provide engaging leadership and guidance to all quality lab employees ensuring that all lab operations and administrative activities are efficient and in line with business rules. Responsible for QC, sustained product quality, product and process consistency, continuous improvement, governance, quality related operator trainings at the site.
- Coordination and accountability for Product Quality and Quality Control, supervising technical staff in carrying out tests and checks.
- Ensuring that tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out and evaluated (round robin in the lab, calibration),Ensuring and supporting continuous improvement in analytical techniques
- Ensuring lab assets are maintained and inspected in line with standards and legal requirements
- Collecting and analyzing performance data against defined parameters and monthly reporting quality key performance indicators.
- Owns the site process for managing complaints.
- Partnering with site management in managing site quality operations and recommending relevant Q KPIs for follow-up of the site performance in line with and in support of the BU Quality Manager.
- Ensuring compliance with legal regulatory and corporate requirements within quality organization.
- Actively promoting quality achievement and performance improvement across the site organization, providing solutions and service to the plant to improve quality and increase productivity.
- Leading efforts in achieving, maintaining, externally certified business processes like ISO-Certifications and other specific business/ industry standards and acting as site management representative for the ISO Quality Management System, setting up and maintaining controls and documentation
- Supervising the program of site internal auditing. Acting as primary contact for customer audits at site.
- Maintaining strong teamwork with site operations and supply chain, procurement, customer service and sales organization and interacting with the relevant Business Quality manager(s).Visiting customers and suppliers together with sales and procurement organization
- Developing the site Quality Improvement Plan with site management and BQM and follow-up of the QIP.
- Identifying relevant site quality related training needs.
- Responsible to ensure all customer quality requirements are controlled and met and in case of deviations, working in a team environment to establish root causes and assuring appropriate corrective and preventive actions are implemented and followed-up on
- Responsible of the site wavering process for product release in line with BQM, PLM and R&D
- Managing and guiding reduction of off spec inventory in partnership with the planning department, Product Line Manager and Operations
- Supporting New Product Introduction (NPI) in partnership with other departments to cover the Quality and QC specific aspects
- Using statistical tools (SPC/SQC) to support Manufacturing in defining the capabilities of the process and predict deviations
- Using quality tools like Process Reviews, Value Stream Mapping, Quality risk assessment (FMEA or other), Six sigma, Lean Manufacturing Techniques, Kaizen, Root Cause/ Corrective Action techniques and 5S to enhance problem solving and improvement activities and drives employee involvement
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the chemical industry, preferably in similar positions or technical support function
- Good communications and listening skills
- Leadership, management & development of personnel
- Strong knowledge of product lines.
- Good knowledge of project and reliability tools, Six Sigma, SPC, TPM, LEAN.
- Structured acting and thinking, an aptitude for analysis with decision making based on facts and data.
- Influencing and motivating disposition. Able to take a position on issue of importance and necessity of adherence to quality principles or standards.
- Ability to transition from technical task to strategic based on daily operational needs
- Establish relationships across all levels of the organization, both internal and external to the site Ability to work in a collaborative environment, but willing to take a hands-on approach with daily issues Language Local and English is required
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or other technical field required
- (Master’s Degree in Chemistry or in Chemical Engineering preferred)
- Quality manager and auditor certificates preferred