Process Engineer Cell Culture – Tech Transfer support
+32 496 49 18 21
Our client is a biopharmaceutical manufacturing site.
The Manufacturing Science and Technology department provides the scientific backbone to enable the use of these complex biotechnological processes.
The focus of the here described function is on the upstream cell culture part of the process. Starting from thorough scientific and technical knowledge, you contribute to the start-up of new production lines and improvement and monitoring of existing processes through:
- Technology transfer, initial process validation and process control strategy definition for introduction of new products and processes at manufacturing scale
- Identification of process improvements to increase yield or process robustness, and generation of a supportive data package leading to implementation at manufacturing scale
- Supporting and safeguarding existing production processes by data trending and monitoring, generation of scientific/technical study protocols and reports in support of significant changes, product impact assessments upon significant deviations in the production process and provided technical advice to questions of other departments.
- You have (preferably) a PhD in Life Sciences, with relevant in process development or MSAT-like functions
- You have fluent English speaking and writing skills, knowledge of Dutch is a plus
- You have specific experience with growing mammalian cells in bioreactors; either on lab- or production scale
- You have an excellent analytical and problem-solving mindset, are accurate with the necessary eye for detail and can handle multiple tasks at once
- You have excellent writing technical/scientific writing skills (protocols & reports)
- You are flexible and willing to support both manufacturing scale operations and set up small scale lab studies
- You have knowledge of cGMP
- You are a strong communicator, who is able to connect, go in discussion and find compromise with people in other departments or sites
- You like to work in team and consider yourself to be a good team player.
- Flexibility, stress resistance, openness to change & innovation and eagerness to meet deadlines are characteristics of you.