As the industry leader in water technology, we’re growing and need talented people like you to help us continue to protect the world’s most vital resource. The client is seeking an Account Manager to join its industry-leading Heavy sales team. You’ll be responsible for the revenue and profit growth of programs and services in targeted accounts. With a consultative sales approach, you’ll build relationships with existing customers by understanding their key business drivers and executing system assurance programs. With strong account leadership, you’ll also convert strategic competitive accounts and sell new technologies to current customers.
What’s in it For You:
- You will join a growth company offering a competitive base salary, bonus structure and benefits.
- Opportunity for a long-term, advancing career path in service, sales or management.
- Access to the industry’s most innovative training programs.
- Support from a dedicated technical service team.
- A culture that values safety first, including training and personal protection.
- Feel proud each day to work for a company that provides clean water, safe food, abundant energy, and healthy environments.
What You Will Do:
- You are the first point of contact for your customers, both in the field of service using existing programs and for thinking along and developing new applications for these customers;
- You are the one to work on the relationship with the current and future customers through your knowledge, professionalism, and personal attitude, constantly monitoring the long-term cooperation;
- You are responsible for various aspects of sales, thinking of the following distribution:
- – 40% Account Management,
- – 20% Sales Acquisition,
- – 20% Technical support to customers on-site,
- – 20% administrative tasks to support your daily work;
- You are a sparring partner for both customers and colleagues. You think along with the processes of the customer and (supported by the R&D and marketing colleagues) you get the opportunity to offer innovative solutions. As a result, you are able to implement a financial and/or operational result improvement at and for your customer;
- You are constantly aware that your advice relates to essential production processes at the customer with a major impact on both the Total Cost of Ownership and the continuity of production;
- Master’s degree in engineering (chemical, mechanical, industrial) or life sciences (biology, chemistry, etc.).
- You have working knowledge or interest in boilers, cooling towers, and wastewater treatment systems.
- You have 5+ years of successful technical sales or field sales support experience.
- You speak Dutch and have an excellent command of the second national language. Knowledge of English is really important.
- You have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- You have the ability to interact effectively with others, including senior-level customers, including the ability to teach, coach and provide guidance and constructive feedback with tact and diplomacy.
- You have strong relationship skills.
- You are open to travel.