PC Lan admin
Joris Van Staay
+32 475 87 07 36
Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager EMEA, in charge of support for all PC and LAN related hardware and software.
Provides support on any other technical task as required by Information Technology. Optimises the legal use of PC Hardware and Software in the office.
The position holder will work with the Europe IT Infrastructure Team to provide support to users in Europe and Middle East and administer multiple Microsoft and 3rd party technology corporate services. At all times, the PC LAN administrator will ensure that all applications and systems are meeting SLA objectives, fully compliant, and respond to requests & incidents about the various platforms.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Administer Active Directory, Office365 accounts, licenses, groups, and Windows Intune
- Manage VMware and Hyper-V virtual machines
- Administer System Center DPM, Configuration Manager, Service Manager, and Virtual Machine Manager
- Perform routine system administration and maintenance on local or remote locations.
- Keep documentation current for supported systems.
- Proactively analyze, troubleshoots and resolves infrastructure issues.
- Perform system installations, upgrades, training, documentation, monitoring and analysis.
- Administer SharePoint online sites for permissions and content.
- Adequately support all users and IT staff regarding PC hardware and software installation and on-going use
- Maintain personal computers, printers, and other peripherals by performing required maintenance at selected locations.
- Provide hardware and software support/trouble shooting for end users of personal computers.
- Understanding of active directory and how to put users or groups with in the structure.
- Understanding of Windows networks and servers
- Provide identification and timely resolution of system (PC’s and servers) problems
- Assist in the education of users of Information Technology, management information systems and equipment. Give training from time to time.
- Participate in the on-call/stand-by program, as required, to ensure end-user support at all times, minimum LAN and PC downtime and any support issues that arise.
- Ensure all business activities; meet (technically) legal and statutory requirements.
- Perform other tasks and functions as assigned by management and provide status of these key project activities and assignments to the Infrastructure Manager on a regular basis.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree (A1) in IT Sciences or equivalent
- Solid training and practical experience in IBM compatible PC hardware maintenance, in installation / operation of NT network
- Knowledge of spreadsheet, word-processing, graphics and related packages
- Knowledge PC connectivity utilising Client Access
- Languages : Fluent in English (written and spoken), and Dutch or French as preferred second language.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, IT, related field or relevant work experience.
- Microsoft Certified Professional desired.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience with Windows 7, Window 10, Server 2012
- Experience with VMware or Hyper-V environments
- Active Directory, Office 365 & SharePoint Online
- System Center Configuration Manager
- DFS, Print Servers, IIS, NLB, Clustering Services
- Networking understanding of DNS, TCP/IP
- TIL tools & processes
- Working against established SLAs and monitoring them
Desirable Job Competencies
- Highly motivated and ambitious, go-getter with a hunger for learning new technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated documentation skills with Visio and other tools
- Commercial attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Stress resistant
- Team player
- Dynamic, service driven
- Performance and quality driven
- Flexible and able to work in a changing environment