Joris Van Staay
+32 475 87 07 36
- Analyze requirements and design technical embedded Linux solutions.
- Work closely with the hardware development team and the embedded software team to specify, develop, debug and validate embedded Linux based systems.
- Configure, develop and maintain our embedded Linux build system, the kernel and bootloaders.
- Develop user space applications as part of our embedded Linux platform.
- Use modern software engineering practices: version control, CI/CD, multiple environments and automated testing and deployment.
- Develop and maintain automated test applications.
- Setup and maintain manufacturing software and test software.
- Offer occasional assistance to colleagues.
- Passionate about technology and software.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Electronics, ICT, computer sciences, or equal.
- 3+ years of experience in developing, porting, compiling and debugging kernel and device drivers for embedded Linux.
- Experience with Buildroot.
- Experience with U-Boot.
- Experience in Bash scripting.
- Experience in C programming.
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP.
- Understanding of hardware design and ability to read electronic schematics and data sheets.
- English knowledge, written and spoken.
Additional skills and experience
- Experience in IoT/Smart Building domains .
- Experience with Yocto.
- Experience in C++ programming.
- Experience in Python programming.
- Knowledge of wireless communication technologies (Wifi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, NFC).
- Knowledge of test and diagnostic equipment like spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Dutch knowledge, written and spoken.
- Security knowledge
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both in a collaborative environment, as well as independently.