IT Service Desk Technician
Joris Van Staay
Responsible for timely second contact resolution employee incidents and requests, as well as escalation if necessary.
This position requires top-notch internal customer-support service, with exceptional communication and customer relationship skills. Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, consistent follow-through to assure problems are resolved and ability to respond to last minute support requests.
Provide over the phone Service Desk support to region specific language speaking technical and non-technical employees, supporting a variety of desktop, laptop, and mobile based hardware and software.
This position will troubleshoot low to intermediate level incidents involving but limited to productivity, and web based applications, Oracle R12 Applications and Processes, Operating Systems, Active Directory, and Exchange.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (Other duties may be assigned):
- Exchange email
- Laptop and desktop computing hardware
- Active Directory (AD)
- Mobile Device
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Cloud Storage
- Single Sign-On
- Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Operating Systems
- Remote Support
• Triage and escalate incident events that could not be resolved at first contact.
• Receive, delegate and deliver incoming requests from employees.
• Escalate incidents and requests as necessary in accordance with service level agreements.
• Properly document and categorize all calls into the ServiceNow ticketing system.
• Follow and maintain ticketing system integrity policies on a daily basis.
• Prioritize incidents and requests based on Service Level Agreement (SLA).
• Ensure that customer support requests meet both IT and customer requirements.
• Identify and act on opportunities for process improvements, and assists in developing appropriate processes.
• Contribute to company knowledgebase to aid in future troubleshooting.
• As needed, provide support of infrastructure projects as defined by the principle team members and management.
• Demonstrate commitment to Core Values by leading, acting and behaving in a manner consistent with these values.
• Follow all company safety policies and procedures and attend all safety trainings related to the job.
Essential Education, Skills and Experience:
- Strong verbal and written English and Region Specific language skills
- CompTIA A+ & CompTIA Net+ certification preferred
- 2-3 years’ Service Desk Level 1 or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years’ troubleshooting and application support or equivalent experience
- A strong dedication to quality customer service, and a working knowledge of service delivery procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in areas of customer service preferred.
- Previous ServiceNow experience a plus.
- Excellent follow through and attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills and decision-making ability.
- Ability to handle many tasks simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of software and/or processes of security, databases, internet, project management, spreadsheet and word processing.
- Working knowledge of Oracle R12 application systems processes and support preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7, 8.1, and 10 operating systems.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, and the Office suite.
- Working knowledge of networking, including TCP/IP, firewall configuration, LAN & WAN technologies, and remote access technologies including VPN clients.
- Good task management and organizational skills.
- General knowledge of business telephone system functionalities.