Senior Innovation Specialist
Alexander Van Crombrugge
+32 498 85 96 21
EVERLAM is an international privately held chemical company headquartered in Mechelen, Belgium. With over 25 years of experience in making high-quality Polyvinyl Butyral (PVB) film for architectural laminated safety glass, EVERLAM has become an international supplier with a reputation for consistent quality and excellent technical support.
Their Center of Competence hosts the company’s commercial headquarters, R&D laboratory, technical center as well as the Group Shared Service Center. Bringing together, in one place, the company’s experts in all disciplines, creates stronger synergies across functions to propose innovative solutions to customers. To meet their further growth and development ambitions we are currently recruiting a Senior Innovation Specialist.
You are responsible for the coordination of product and formulation development. You conduct research to further enhance EVERLAM’s product formulation or performance properties towards emerging customer needs.
- You identify and test new technologies that will provide innovative solutions addressing industry issues.
- You are responsible for upscaling the lab processes to industrial scale in a manufacturing environment.
- You analyze/ interpret experimental results and contribute to report writing, including recommendations to support the decision making process .
- You will provide expertise and direction to optimize implemented methodologies and processes.
- You communicate project progress internally and externally with clients and suppliers.
- You remain up to date on the latest developments in the interlayer business for laminated glass.
- You will become EVERLAM’s leading expert on the chemistry of polyvinyl butyral (PVB) interlayer and its impact on the final laminated safety glass performance.
- You expand and maintain your network towards Universities and Technical Institutes.
- Master or PhD in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, or a related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in polymer processing and formulation. Experience with PVB, EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate) or PU (polyurethane) extrusion is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong team player mentality in combination with the ability to work autonomously.
- In-depth understanding of scientific/ experimental processes and scientific practices.
- You are innovation minded and have the ability to think out of the box.
- You have strong research and analytical skills, with demonstrated problem-solving mindset.
- You like taking initiatives while identifying possible enhancements and launching improvement actions.
- You have excellent organizational skills and pay attention to detail.
- You are fluent in English. Fluency in German or Dutch is a plus.
EVERLAM offers you the chance to join a strong, solid and dynamic company with room for further personal development and growth.
They offer an attractive salary package including benefits.