Quality Control Manager - Brussels/Lyon
Business Development Manager
Sumitomo Chemical is one of the world’s leading chemical manufacturers, conducting business in five sectors – petrochemical, energy & functional materials, IT-related chemicals, health & crop sciences, and pharmaceuticals.
Through the global network of around 31.000 employees, the company provides worldwide support to a wide variety of industries. Sumitomo Chemical Europe has its headquarters in Machelen (Belgium), and markets a variety of chemicals throughout Europe.
To meet their further growth and development ambitions they created a new challenging role for a Quality Control Manager that will cover their Pan European and South African activities.
- In this role you will be accountable for the entire Quality Control Cycle with an emphasis on supply chain, sales and marketing, outsourced production activities and labelling & repacking.
- Based on the company’s Quality Policy you will audit, control and monitor all present procedures and processes and strive for further improvements and optimizations in relation to Quality, Responsibility & Liability, Risk Exposure, Accountability and Responsible Care and Sustainability.
- Regardless accreditation you ensure all procedures and processes are fully compliant to ISO 9000 and ISO 45000, GMP+ etc.
- In close cooperation with the Quality Assurance Manager you will seek further improvements based on the result of the conducted audits. You will support him in securing a Continuous Improvement Culture.
- You strive for zero errors and secure the added value of the quality control department through constructive route cause analysis enhancing the job execution of your internal clients.
- You will overview and monitor the use of the e-QMS and ensure proper usage and data management resulting in solid quality processes and analysis.
- The primary scope for this new position will be a key interaction with all business units and - functions as well as customers, distributors, suppliers and service providers. You will empower your in – and external collaborations enhancing the establishment or improvement of procedures, standards and systems.
- On a regular basis you will secure further guidance and regular internal trainings on quality related topics.
- You will monitor the KPI’s and Performance Measures where appropriate and report on the progress.
- You will participate in appropriate Quality Management conferences and maintain a good an reputable working relationship with other quality responsible within the European/Global Chemical and Polymer companies including CEFIC, Logichem, EPCA …
- You will work in very close collaboration with the Care and Sustainability department as well as with the Legal Department.
- You report directly to the Head of Quality, Responsible Care, Procurement, Supply Chain and Logistics.
- You have a Master’s degree in Chemicals, Agrochemicals or Business Economics.
- You gained a valuable experience of minimum 3-5 years within an international QC or QA role.
- Experience within the Agrochemicals is preferred.
- Full knowledge of legal and compliance regulations to all quality related matters.
- Experience with e-QMS is preferred as well as different Quality Management Systems.
- A strong background in handling claims/non conformities or new product introductions is preferred.
- Experience with regulatory affairs, labelling legislations, repack/copack and production is preferred.
- Strong & constructive leadership skillset towards change & process management.
- You are open-minded and flexible towards different cultures and mentalities.
- Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills help you in developing long term partnerships.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills, able to make decisions.
- Fluency in English and French, other languages are an asset.
- Business Travel: First 12 months +/- 70% Lyon – 30% Brussels/Machelen which will gradually evolve in a role that will be mostly Brussels based with frequent international travel.
Sumitomo Chemical Europe offers you the chance to work in a world leading and stable company with international exposure and a high quality product range.
A professional organization where autonomy, initiative and adaptability are recognized and stimulated.
A role with a broad variety of responsibilities in terms of tasks, cultures, projects, clients and applications.
Take the chance and join a division in full expansion and headquarters that fully invest in the development of its activities and its people.
Sumitomo offers a state of the art salary package including company car, extra-legal benefits, bonus and a solid work-life balance.