Quality Assurance Manager
Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Sumitomo Chemical is one of the world’s leading chemical manufacturers, conducting business in five sectors – petrochemical, energy & functional materials, IT-related chemicals, health & crop sciences, and pharmaceuticals.
Through the global network of around 31.000 employees, the company provides worldwide support to a wide variety of industries. Sumitomo Chemical Europe has its headquarters in Brussels (Belgium), and markets a variety of chemicals throughout Europe.
To meet their further growth and development ambitions they created a new challenging role for a Quality Assurance Manager with a first emphasis on the Marketing, Logistics and Operations of Sumitomo Chemical Europe. It is foreseen that this function will expand across all affiliated companies of Sumitomo Chemical Company in the EMEA region of Sumitomo Chemical Europe.
- In this role you will be accountable for the entire Quality Assurance Cycle with an emphasis on supply chain, sales & marketing, outsourced production activities and labelling & repacking.
- You will assure that the organization’s quality policy and objectives are met and in place while striving for a quality manual granting solid & clear procedures and instructions. You ensure the Quality Strategy respects customer service, quality, safety, sustainability and legal compliance.
- You will assess, define and set up and/or improve all existing/future agreements and product flows in terms of Quality, Responsibility, Accountability, Risk Exposure and Liability towards the other contracting party.
- The primary scope for this new position will be a key interaction with all business units and -functions as well as customers, distributors, suppliers and service providers. This way you will empower your in – and external collaborations enhancing the establishment or improvement of procedures, standards and systems.
- In close cooperation with the Quality Control Manager you will seek further improvements based on the result of the conducted audits.
- You will assure a Continuous Improvement Culture and enhance the different quality management systems, tools and procedures within the company striving for a user friendly, simple and clear way of working.
- On a regular basis you will secure further guidance and regular internal trainings on quality related topics.
- You will monitor the KPI’s and Performance Measures where appropriate and report on the progress.
- You will participate in appropriate Quality Management conferences and maintain a good an reputable working relationship with other quality responsible within the European/Global Chemical and Polymer companies including CEFIC, Logichem, EPCA …
- You will work in very close collaboration with the Responsible Care and Sustainability Department as well as with the Legal Department.
- You report directly to the Head of Quality Management.
- You have a Master’s degree in Chemicals, Agrochemicals or Business Economics.
- You have a solid senior experience within an international QA or QC role.
- Experience within the Chemical Industry (polymer, monomer, chemical commodities/specialties) is required. Experience in Agrochemicals is an asset.
- A strong background in handling claims/ non conformities or new product introductions is preferred.
- You are familiar with different Quality Management Systems.
- Experience with regulatory affairs, labelling legislations, repack/ copack and production are preferred.
- A proven track record and believe in Continuous Improvement Techniques & Tools are a must in order to propagate the principles throughout the company.
- Strong & constructive leadership skillset towards change & process management.
- You are open-minded and flexible towards different cultures and mentalities.
- Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills help you in developing long term partnerships.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills, able to make decisions.
- Fluency in English and French, other languages are an asset.
Sumitomo Chemical Europe offers you the chance to work in a world leading and stable company with international exposure and a high quality product range.
A professional organization where autonomy, initiative and adaptability are recognized and stimulated.
A role with a broad variety of responsibilities in terms of tasks, cultures, projects, clients and applications.
Take the chance and join a division in full expansion and headquarters that fully invest in the development of its activities and its people.
Sumitomo offers a state of the art salary package including company car, extra-legal benefits, bonus and a solid work-life balance.