Key Account Manager Road
Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
DSV Global Transport and Logistics is a trusted global player in freight forwarding, warehousing, contract logistics, 3 or 4 PL… that ensures a solid handling of all your supply chain needs.
Trough decades of experience they combine the highest level of expertise with financial stability and an in depth understanding of the local markets and global trade.
They want to be a leading freight forwarder targeting extensive international growth by ensuring their strategic focus areas: customers, growth, operational excellence and people.
This is also secured and defined in their global company values: Customers, Best Performance and True Collaborations.
In order to support the further growth ambitions for their Road division we are currently supporting DSV with the recruitment of a Key Account Manager Road.
The key account portfolio entails new business potential and existing accounts with a large strategic value and turnover (+ 250K/clien). You will be responsible for maintaining and further developing this portfolio in order to achieve the divisional sales targets:
- You manage and develop the key account portfolio, existing of highly strategic clients and prospects, through specified commercial actions and prospection and will combine hunting and farming.
- You know your clients and their needs and translate this into a solid tangible proposal. You will interact with your internal stakeholders from operations to ensure a tailor made offer.
- You will be part of the Tender Management Team, assuring the right commercial rates will be submitted. You will share relevant information with your peers and will be responsible for managing the tender process with your clients.
- Together with the Business Implementation Manager you will assure the implementation and launch of new clients following final contracting.
- Depending on the strategic level of your client you organize monthly or quarterly review meetings.
- You keep abreast on market changes or tendencies that can support you in your business development activities enhancing client fulfillment.
- You assure your activities and progress are reported in the CRM-system.
- You will report directly to the Director Sales & Marketing and will have regular interactions regarding, ratings & pricing deviations, complaints and the overall commercial management.
- You have a bachelor or master degree within Business Management or Economics.
- You gained minimum 5 years of relevant experience within a commercial role within road freight & transportation. Preferably you have experience with pallet transport & groupage part/full loads.
- You have a good view on the national and international transportation market and are always aware of market changes & challenges.
- You are very service - and result oriented with a strong commercial mindset.
- You are an excellent relationship builder with strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to gain buy- in both in and external.
- Strategic & analytical mindset, out of the box thinker, hands-on, accurate, reliable and a real team-player.
- You are a real go-getter with strong leadership skills that excels in negotiating, planning, organizing and problem solving.
- Experience with Tender Management is an asset.
- You are fluent in Dutch, English and French.
DSV offers a challenging, exciting opportunity within a growing, dynamic and financially stable market leader in its industry.
Next to an interesting and international environment they offer an interesting salary package, including benefits package and company car.
DSV invest highly in further development and enhances further professional growth and autonomy.