Compliance & Regulatory Manager
Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
GANTRADE is an international privately held chemical company headquartered in Montvale, New Jersey, USA. Since 1975, GANTRADE has been a leader in the global supply chain for a broad range of monomers, intermediates, and polymers. They proudly serve industries spanning coatings, adhesives, sealants and elastomers (CASE); urethane intermediates, emulsions and polymers; plastics and resins, construction, packaging, automotive, and textiles materials.
Their worldwide marketing organization includes operations in the United States, Europe and Asia. With a global supply chain for a focused group of industries, Gantrade is the one-stop shop for chemical solutions in CASE, urethane intermediates, emulsions and polymers, plastics and resins, and specialty sectors like construction, packaging, automotive, and textiles.
For 45 years, they have built a diversified global supply base, founded on responsible relationships with major global producers, and maintaining the principles of integrity, quality, safety and stewardship.
GANTRADE maintains robust inventories in North America, Europe and Asia to ensure continuity of supply to their customers. Their global logistics ensure efficient and dependable sourcing, as well as new sourcing possibilities. They are committed to working with their customers to provide creative solutions and to deliver value for their businesses.
GANTRADE EUROPE is growing its business and created a new role for a Compliance & Regulatory Manager.
You will provide guidance and support towards the Sales and Business Development Managers by ensuring that the Gantrade Europe entities are in compliance with all applicable chemical safety and custom regulations as well as third-party requirements such as ISO-9001, Responsible Care, UN Global Charter, etc.
- You will evaluate the current chemical portfolio, and potential new product families, on chemical safety, environmental impact, special regulatory requirements, compliance with chemical inventories, customs requirements and tariffs rates and export controls.
- You secure solid communication and interaction with your internal stakeholders on unusual safety, special hazards or considerations that may cause issues with procurement, storage, transporation or pricing.
- You ensure all product safety data sheets are managed and in line with all requirements.
- You assure a quick and accurate reply concerning to regulatory requirements from government agencies and customers (internal and external), including timely completion of government reports, customer regulatory survey forms,… When necessary you will work with a Legal Counsel for support.
- You will manage the internal management system (ISO, Responsible Care) including document control, in- and external audits, management review, corrective or preventative actions and training and awareness.
- You will assist with import/ export broker management and audits.
- You keep abreast of developments in regulations and ensure that all stakeholders are fully informed of the requirements and possible impact.
- You will assist your internal peers in best practices concerning regulatory and compliance and assure the requirements are met and respected throughout the organization.
- You will report directly to the Group Supply Chain Manager and will be part of the Group Shared Service Center.
- You have a scientific background within Chemistry, Biochemistry or another related scientific discipline.
- + 5 years of extensive regulatory affairs experience within the Chemical, Food or Pharmaceutical industry.
- Good working knowledge of the chemical and/of food regulatory scheme of the country/ region where employed, including Safety Data Sheet requirements, GHS and REACH
- A working knowledge of global chemical inventories and ECHA database.
- A working knowledge of the requirements of international standards such as ISO-9001, Responsible Care, ISO-14001, ISO-45001…
- A working knowledge of the customs (import and export) regulatory scheme of the country/ region where employed, including Harmonized System (or equivalent), tariff rates, and special tariff actions such as AD/CVD and punitive tariffs
- Fluency in English combined with at least a solid knowledge of Dutch, French or German.
- You possess good communication skills and are aware of the importance of good stakeholder management.
- You are flexible and have a resulted-oriented hands-on approach.
- An eager-to-learn attitude and open to act on change.
- A Can-do mentality with excellent problem-solving skills & an analytical mindset.
- Highly organized and accurate .
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Gantrade offers an attractive salary package including benefits package and a company car. They offer you the chance to develop within a new role within a growing company with a strong international setting.