Business Manager Chemical Solutions – Europe
Business Development Manager
Active since 1975, Gantrade has been a leader in the global supply chain for a broad range of monomers, intermediates, and polymers.
They proudly serve industries spanning coatings, adhesives, sealants and elastomers (CASE); urethane intermediates, emulsions and polymers; plastics and resins, construction, packaging, automotive, and textiles materials.
Their worldwide marketing organization includes operations in the United States, Europe and Asia. Growing a chemical supply operation is about increasing capacity and the ability to deliver the goods.
With a global supply chain for a focused group of industries, Gantrade is the one-stop shop for chemical solutions.
Over the last years they have expanded their activities to meet the increasing European market demand. To support their further growth ambitions we are currently recruiting a Business Manager Chemical Solutions Europe.
- You will have an overall P&L responsibility for the European Region delivering business in line with the agreed budgets, revenue and margins.
- Together with your team you will have a strong focus on Sales, Pricing Management, Sourcing and Supply Chain Management.
- You will service existing clients and markets, and also explore and develop new markets in order to achieve the established targets in terms of volume and growth.
- In close collaboration with your team you will be responsible for consolidating and managing all contract management activities.
- You will ensure a solid internal buy-in with different internal departments and clients to assure a solid process e.g. finance, logistics, IT, HR, customer service etc.
- You assure an accurate market knowledge, keeping a close follow up on its evolution and development ensuring strong business understanding with your in- and external clients.
- You ensure solid monthly business reporting, forecasting and KPI monitoring.
- You guarantee compliance with the Health & Safety Rules and Regulations and ensure all sustainability principles are embedded in all phases of the chemical life cycle granting a solid Total Quality Management approach.
- You will directly manage a team of 2 FTE’s and report to the Global Business Manager. You will be a fully participating member of the Management Team.
- You will be based at the EU HQ in Mechelen and are flexible towards traveling (30-50% of your time).
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master ‘s Degree (Chemical/Bio-Engineering or a Commercial major)
- You have a solid international commercial experience (min 10 years), preferably within the chemical industry. Experience within the polyurethanes industry is plus.
- Experience with European and Asian markets is seen as a plus
- Strong supply chain awareness is mandatory.
- You are fluent in English. Fluency in German or other EU languages is a plus.
- You are solution driven, able to drive business forward and make an impact.
- You have a strong analytical skillset and are able to think fast and make appropriate decisions.
- Your commercial attitude, excellent communications and interpersonal skills help you in developing long term partnerships.
- Your enthusiasm, strong negotiation skills and helicopter view make you a credible and solid partner for both clients and colleagues.
- You are flexible towards international travel between 30-50% of your time.
Gantrade offers you the chance to work in a growing and stable company with international exposure and a high quality product range.
A professional organization where autonomy, initiative and adaptability are recognized and stimulated.
A role with a broad variety of responsibilities in terms of tasks, cultures, projects, clients and applications.
Take the chance and join a division in full expansion. Gantrade offers a state of the art salary package including company car, extra-legal benefits, bonus and a solid work-life balance.