Traffic Manager European Operations
Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
DSV Global Transport and Logistics is a trusted global player in freight forwarding, warehousing, contract logistics, 3 or 4 PL… that ensures a solid handling of all your supply chain needs.
Trough decades of experience they combine the highest level of expertise with financial stability and an in depth understanding of the local markets and global trade.
They want to be a leading freight forwarder targeting extensive international growth by ensuring their strategic focus areas: customers, growth, operational excellence and people.
This is also secured and defined in their global company values: Customers, Best Performance and True Collaborations.
In order to support the further growth ambitions for their European Operations we are currently supporting DSV with the recruitment of a Traffic Manager European Operations.
Description de l'emploi
You will be part of the European Operations Department and are responsible for ensuring, developing and optimizing all the international traffic management activities are aligned with the strategic objectives of the company:
- You will set up and implement the strategic business plan for your department together with the European Operations Director. Therefor you will translate the strategic objectives into a specific action plan both on short- and mid- term.
- You will “lead by example” ensuring further growth and development within your team assuring a correct implementation of the diverse action plans.
- You are responsible for the operational result of your department and will assure timely monthly reporting. You will analyse, monitor and assess the different traffic lines in order to detect deflections and maximise the profitability and efficiency.
- You will keep abreast on market changes and tendencies that can contribute to the further development of the company’s activities and search for improvements and optimization opportunities.
- You will manage and coordinate the activities of your team while securing the required service levels that capture the needs and priorities of both the department and clients.
- You will coach and develop your team on a daily basis enhancing their competences and knowhow while focusing on solid team interaction and collaboration.
- You assure a strong interaction with your key in- and external stakeholders ensuring a solid network of strategic contacts.
- You will directly manage a team of 10 FTE’s and report to the European Operations Director.
- You have a bachelor degree (or equal through relevant experience) and combine this with a minimum of 5 years’ experience within transport and logistics.
- You gained relevant experience within international road freight preferably pallet transport & groupage part/full loads.
- You have the necessary market knowledge concerning CMR-legislation, national and international E-Road Network… You are aware of all the necessary transport legislations such as EC-regulations, Incoterms, load grading, customs, insurances, ADR …
- You are an experienced planner skilled with strong organizational insights and the necessary financial business acumen.
- You gained a first people management experience and lead by example.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English and combine this with a solid level of French.
- You combine a solid analytical mindset with a strong entrepreneurial and team oriented leadership style.
- You ensure proper commercial values & business ethics.
- You are a real people person able to interact and create buy-in at all levels both in- and external.
DSV offers a challenging, exciting opportunity within a growing, dynamic and financially stable market leader in its industry.
Next to an interesting and international environment they offer an interesting salary package, including benefits package and company car.
DSV invest highly in further development and enhances further professional growth and autonomy.