Alexander Van Crombrugge
+32 498 85 96 21
Founded in 1941 in Tokyo, Japan, Hoya is a global technology and med-tech company, and the leading supplier of innovative high-tech and medical products. Hoya is active in the fields of healthcare and information technology providing eyeglasses, medical endoscopes, intraocular lenses, optical lenses as well as key components for semiconductor devices, LCD panels and HDDs. With over 150 offices and subsidiaries worldwide, Hoya currently employs a multinational workforce of over 37,000 people.
About Hoya Vision Care
For over 60 years, Hoya Vision Care has been a global leader in the eyeglass lens business. With a presence in over 50 countries and headquarters in the Netherlands, Hoya Vision Care has a proven expertise in lens designs and freeform surfacing technology combined with a leading position in high performance, quality AR coating. Hoya Vision Care’s solid market portfolio includes SEIKO and PENTAX optical lenses, as well as innovative products such as Hoyalux iD MySelf progressive lenses and Yuniku, vision-centric 3D tailored eyewear. The company employs over 16,000 employees worldwide with mass production facilities in Asia & Europe and over 40 local Rx laboratories globally.
To meet their further growth and development ambitions we are currently recruiting a Medical Specialist
Description de l'emploi
- Communicate and engage with ophthalmologist and eye care professionals, to expand our eye care community, by creating awareness around myopia management and defocus lenses
- Experience in campaigning to ophtalmologists or other medical professionals
- Liaise with external professional organizations to build strong partnerships. Keep abreast of medical and scientific knowledge
- Extract data from clinical studies, interpret study results, synthesize literature, and prepare external communication.
- Educate about myopia management, providing balanced, scientific support to the internal team and external partners
- Continuously update knowledge of products, patient treatment trends and clinical activities and studies within the domain and patient treatment trends in the region
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and with company policy on business integrity
- Ensure legal requirements are fully understood, appropriately managed and complied with when planning projects, developing materials, executing projects and contracting vendors
- Act as coach and ‘sounding board’ to all departments involved in the commercialization of the myopia management solution
- Combine an understanding of scientific and research methodology, medical device regulations and guidelines, and product knowledge to support the commercialization of our myopia management solution.
- Support and coach the team in preparing discussions with eye care professionals
- Take personal actions to ensure that the medical specialist is a valued partner of commercial teams through effective internal communication, participation in taskforce meetings, engagement and promotion of medical contributions
- Ophtalmologist or optometric degree, preferably with a strong interest in myopia management and experience in contact lenses
- More than 5 years experience within optical or medical company,
- Strong communication skills, fluency in Dutch, French and English.
- Excellent networking skills to build relationships of trust and respect
- Ambition and flexibility to be able to focus on improving processes and adapt/manage change in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to work well in a team
- Being self-motivated and solution-driven
- Proven strong analytical, communication, influencing, decision-making and leadership skills for interaction with external and internal stakeholders
- Conceptual skills: able to have an integral view across different disciplines and departments
Hoya offers you the chance to join a strong, solid and dynamic company with room for further personal development and growth.
They offer an attractive salary package including benefits.