International Sales Manager - Specialty Chemicals and Semiconductor Chemicals
0479 32 46 74
Sumitomo Chemical is one of the world’s leading chemical manufacturers; conducting business in five sectors – essential chemicals & plastics, energy & functional materials, IT-related chemicals, health & crop sciences and pharmaceuticals.
Through the global network of around 35.000 employees, the company provides worldwide support to a wide variety of industries. Sumitomo Chemical Europe (SCE) has its headquarters in Machelen (Belgium), and markets a variety of chemicals throughout Europe.
Sumitomo provides an extensive range of Specialty Chemicals such as Resorcinol, which is an essential raw material for adhesive systems in reinforced rubber products and Penacolite, which is utilized to enhance the adhesion of conventional RFL-dipped cords and for steel-cord adhesion.
The IT-related Chemicals Sector of Sumitomo Chemical supplies a wide range of products that support ICT-related industries; including optical films for liquid crystal displays (LCD), color resists, photoresists and high-purity chemicals used in the semiconductor manufacturing process and materials for lithium-ion secondary batteries. SCE’s main products are predominantly related to the semiconductor segment and concern photoresist, color resist, aluminum sputtering target, GaN epitaxial wafers and high-purity wet chemicals.
To meet their further growth and development ambitions we are currently recruiting an International Sales Manager - Specialty Chemicals and Semiconductor Chemicals.
Description de l'emploi
You will manage the sales and product management initiatives within the European Specialty Chemicals and Semiconductor Process Chemicals segment of SCE. You ensure alignment with the overall goals and objectives of the group, while also considering the requirements and specific demands of the European market.
- You will develop and maintain long-term relationships with key strategic customers in new and existing markets.
- You strive to be a dedicated and valued business partner to your client portfolio, consisting mainly of existing customers; in order to meet and exceed sales targets.
- You assure an excellent market and competitor analysis and will keep abreast on industry trends and developments.
- You establish collaborations with technical consortia and high-end semiconductor equipment manufacturers.
- You will contribute to the development of the commercial strategy and are able to translate it into operational objectives.
- You will analyze customer requirements; convert them into tangible, quality solutions and provide advice and support.
- You supervise the logistics and related activities such as consumption forecasts and inventory management. Where required you co-steer supply chain optimization projects.
- You will secure buy-in from internal stakeholders, and establish strong relationships with external stakeholders.
- You will represent SCE at exhibitions and network events.
- You will report directly to the Business Unit Manager Semiconductor & Specialty Chemicals who will support you in your day-to-day activities where needed.
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree within Commercial Engineering; Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Economics; Business Administration or another relevant subject.
- You gained a solid experience of 5-8 years in a commercial; B2B oriented role within the Chemical, Food, Feed or Pharma industry. Experience within the Rubber Chemical Industry would be a great advantage.
- You have a technical affinity and can quickly understand all technical aspects of the business.
- You are used to manage long and complex commercial- and product approval processes.
- Your commercial attitude and excellent communication and interpersonal skills help you in developing long term partnerships.
- You are used to working in an industrial environment with a strong international, multi-cultural and customer-oriented mindset. Experience with the Japanese culture would be considered an asset.
- You will be based in the European HQ in Machelen and are flexible towards traveling within Europe – travel ratio: 20-30%.
- You are fluent in English, Dutch and/or French.
Sumitomo Chemical Europe offers you the chance to work in a world leading and stable company with international exposure and a high quality product range. A professional organization where autonomy, initiative and adaptability are recognized and stimulated.
For this role specifically, our client foresees interesting international development opportunities within their organization.
On top of that, Sumitomo offers a state of the art salary package including company car, extra-legal benefits and a bonus combined with a flexible homeworking policy.