International Sales Manager - Energy & Functional Materials
0479 32 46 74
Sumitomo Chemical is one of the world’s leading chemical manufacturers, conducting business in five sectors – petrochemical, energy & functional materials, IT-related chemicals; health & crop sciences, and pharmaceuticals.
Through the global network of around 35.000 employees, the company provides worldwide support to a wide variety of industries. Sumitomo Chemical Europe has its headquarters in Machelen (Belgium), and markets a variety of chemicals throughout Europe.
Sumitomo Chemical Europe provides a wide variety of functional chemical products that contribute to reducing the environmental impact as well as to conserving energy and natural resources. Such products include alumina and aluminum used for energy-efficient products, high-performance polymer additives and rubber chemicals, as well as super engineering plastics and lithium-ion secondary battery materials used in electronic components and next-generation vehicles.
Super engineering plastics are high-performance resins that have excellent heat resistance, strength, chemical resistance; and processability. As materials that meet the needs for lighter and finer articles, super engineering plastics include liquid crystalline polymer, which is used in the manufacture of electrical and electronic products and is expanding into applications in the industry and automobile areas, and polyether sulfone, which, in addition to electrical and electronics applications, is also being used as a carbon fiber composite in aircraft; as a high-performance separation membrane material; and as a heat-resistant coating.
To meet their further growth and development ambitions we are currently recruiting an International Sales Manager – Energy & Functional Materials.
Description de l'emploi
You will be accountable for defining, implementing and managing the sales and product management activities within the European Energy & Functional Materials segment of SCE. You assure alignment with the overall group objectives, taking into account European market specifications and needs.
- You will maintain, expand and develop long-term relationships with new and existing clients in order to achieve and exceed sales targets. You will be accountable for a dedicated product portfolio, within the Energy & Functional Materials segment, such as super engineering plastics; functional polymers and polymer additives.
- You will proactively identify and pursue business opportunities with existing and newly developed products.
- You will regularly conduct performance meetings with your customers to ensure alignment between the predetermined KPI’s and SLA’s and their expectations.
- You are able to translate your customer’s challenges into qualitative solutions, ensuring fulfillment of their business needs whilst pursuing customer satisfaction, through dedicated business partnering.
- You assure strong interaction with the HQ in Japan, as well as with your local European peers, who will provide you with the necessary technical support and input.
- You keep abreast on market tendencies and developments and will represent SCE at exhibitions and network events.
- You will report directly to the Business Unit Manager Energy & Functional Materials.
- You obtained a Master’s degree combined with +10 years of commercial experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience within the polymer and polymer additives industry is required.
- Experience in the Automotive and/or Electrical & Electronical industry is considered a strong plus.
- You can quickly master and understand all technical aspects of the business and are flexible towards new product introductions.
- You are used to manage long and complex commercial- and product approval processes.
- You have a proven track record of developing and maintaining long-term relationships with global accounts and competitors.
- You are used to work in an industrial environment with a strong international, multi-cultural and customer-oriented mindset.
- You are considered a reliable and valuable business partner for both clients and colleagues globally and assure strong stakeholder management.
- You have a strong analytical skillset with the ability to effectively analyze market trends and customer needs.
- You are open-minded and flexible towards different cultures and mentalities. Experience with the Japanese culture is considered an asset.
- You will be based in the European HQ in Machelen and are flexible towards traveling in Europe – travel ratio: 20-30%.
- You are fluent in English, German and/or French would be considered a great plus.
Sumitomo Chemical Europe offers you the chance to work in a world leading and stable company with international exposure and a high quality product range. A professional organization where autonomy, initiative and adaptability are recognized and stimulated.
On top of that, Sumitomo offers a state of the art salary package including company car, extra-legal benefits and a bonus combined with a flexible homeworking policy.