Sales Manager Dermatology
+32 16 30 95 09
Manage, support and motivate Immunology Product Specialists in the field, with the purpose to execute Immunology sales plan and develop/increase consequently Immunology products market share and sales. He / she operates in full adherence to AbbVie Code of Conduct.
- Internal : Medical Director, Immunology Medical Advisor, CRA’s.., Immunology Brand Mgrs, Immunology Project Mgrs, Direct reports – Product specialists, Finance Director, HR Director
- External: KOL’s, Hospital Pharmacists, Any other key stakeholder identified (nurses, …)
In this role you will be accountable for:
- Manage Performance: coach, train and manage each representative in order to achieve goals set, reward and recognize high-performing product specialists, manage non-performers appropriatel
- Define and communicate performance standard and measures to monitor these standard
- Give honest feedback re the performance of Product Specialists on a regularly basis
- Support Product Specialists through counselling and coaching to realize objectives, develop people and ensure business success
- Organize and chair sales team meetings, to support execution of the cycle promotional campaign & Sales Action Plans
- Achieve all training goals set for each product specialist to achieve high level of expertise re products and market
- As part of PEx, define growth plan for each Product Specialist & monitor progress
- Whenever required, hire new Product Specialist and organize appropriate training
Monitoring and reporting of sales activities
- Complete annual goals review for each product specialist
- Define and agree actions plan for each product specialist & review progress
- Monitor activity reports through Teams
- Report core sales activities and events, market trends, competitors activities, any market intelligence collected
- Monitor expenses within allocated budget
- Gives constructive feedback to the marketing management re the acceptance of promotional tools and campaigns.
- Leads key account mgmt (KAM) process and monitors implementation
- Establish productive business relationships with opinion leaders, key customers decision makers and any other key stakeholder identified
- Visit customers to understand the market demands, product needs and detect present or future impact on the pharmaceutical market
- Ensure that all activities are in-line with local business regulations and AbbVie business code of conduct
Sales plan execution
- Develop yearly Sales Action plan, implement and monitor impact
- Ensure that yearly and cycle sales plans are fully implemented
- Monitor KPI’s and evaluate plan implementation and outcome in order to achieve objectives / or set up corrective action plan
- Define sales target per territory and communicate these to product specialists
- Make recommendation re the bonus plan system on a cycle basis.
- A minimum of 5-year experience
- Knowledge of Immunology-Dermatology and / or hospital experience would be a plus
- Trilingual: French, Dutch and English
- Strong people management skills: can guide and motivate a team in a way that team members get involved and act with integrity. Experience in recruiting and training a new team, incl fostering a strong culture, is a strong advantage.
- Drive for results.
- Strong understanding of digital sales tools and channels & proven ability to foster digital mindset within team.
- Transparency: Able to share information openly and to provide ongoing feedback.
- Adaptability: Demonstrate flexibility, autonomy and good resistance to stress.
- Creative and opportunity driven, even in a restrictive and very competitive environment
- Business sense: Understand relevant market developments, trends in the industry and their impact on the business.
- Analytical skills: resulting in productive comments, feedback and actions.
- Strategic thinking and pro-activity: take initiatives without being prompted.