R&D Lab Technician
+32 485 192826
- Provides assistance and support to the R&D scientists.
- Participates in the synthesis and purification of a range of organic molecules, utilizing techniques such as filtrations, distillations, flash chromatography, size-exclusion chromatography, etc.
- Synthesizes a wide variety of (co-)polymers, including post-polymerization functionalization, following and adjusting existing procedures.
- Characterizes the obtained materials using a variety of techniques such as NMR spectroscopy, Size Exclusion Chromatography (GPC/SEC), HPLC, IR, UV-VIS spectroscopy, etc.
- Supports in lab and equipment supervision monitoring the stock (consumables and chemical reagents).
- Out of the lab, you will register the information related to experiments and synthesized materials electronically and are responsible for the traceability of the performed operational work through recording of all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and accountability.
- Communicates and coordinates efficiently with your colleagues in a global cross-functional team.
- Bachelor or Master degree preferably in chemistry, or chemical engineering.
- Strong safety mindset.
- Skilled in organic synthesis and understand the scientific principles related to the operation of standard laboratory, analytical, and/or processing equipment. Familiarity with polymer chemistry is an asset.
- Strong desire to develop bench skills.
- Good command of English, oral and written. Ability to draft reports.
- Excel, PowerPoint and Word proficiency is a must.
- Collaborative and communicative. Can work independently, precisely and time-consciously.
- Thinker and doer. Hands-on.
- General interest in applied research, developing technical knowledge, operation and maintenance of analytical and process equipment.
- Previous experience in an industrial setting is an asset, particularly in the organic synthesis or specialty polymers domains.