Business Unit Manager
+32 497 71 58 10
The role of the Project Manager II is to lead, plan, execute and finalize projects within given time, cost and quality constraints, and in line with the respective business case.
Project governance and delivery:
- Facilitate project initiation and scope definition;
- Support the project sponsor in preparation of business cases and/or quote preparation;
- Define and manage the delivery of the project’s objectives, both from an operational and business delivery point of view;
- Manage the project interfaces, as well as internal and external stakeholders;
- Develop and track project plans (scenario based) including project schedule and resource demand, using appropriate tools;
- Develop and deliver progress reports, and presentations to project sponsors, internal and external (partner) stakeholders and appropriate governance bodies;
- Define and manage project success criteria & risks and disseminate them to involved parties throughout the project life cycle;
- Ensure quality and compliance with all business processes, throughout the project’s life cycle.
Project budget management:
- Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary;
- Manage project costs within approved budget and report on actuals versus planned.
Project team leadership:
- Manage resources, coordinating all efforts within Biocartis, including third-party services or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan;
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
Project management methods and services:
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management in interaction with other project and/or program managers;
- Act as a PMO ambassador.
- Master degree in scientific or related field; or equivalent through experience;
- 5+ years’ experience in project management of product development projects would be strongly preferred;
- Experience in healthcare industry, preferably management of IVD or medical device projects;
- Knowledge and understanding of national and international (CE, FDA) QA/QC and regulatory requirements);
- Experience in managing complex, multi-site and or multi-company projects is an asset;
- Project management methodologies;
- Knowledge of the IVD Directive and new IVDR;
- Good business acumen;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Key to your success will be your communication skills and your ability to build excellent relationships with internal stakeholders and external collaborators as required;
- Demonstrated understanding of how to achieve results under tight timelines;
- Ability to work independently, yet collaboratively, in cross-functional project teams and to contribute to multiple projects;
- Solution and results oriented;
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to establish rapport and productive relationships;
- True teamplayer;
- Ability to thrive and flourish in a fast-paced and changing environment;
- Willing to travel up to 25% internationally;
- Strategic thinking - Translates Biocartis vision and strategy into SMART plans for team/program/department.
- Communication & influencing – Communicates with influence: influences and convinces internal and external stakeholders; empathic listener;
- Analytical thinking - Performs complex data analysis with impact on the company, makes evidence-based judgements that guide organizational decisions;
- Planning & organization - Time & priority management: plans activities effectively with respect for priorities and deadlines;
- Adaptability to change - Adapting to change: accepts and implements change and adapts, even in difficult situations;
- Strategic thinking - Understands and applies Biocartis vision and strategy and aligns actions with it;
- Coaching & developing - Provides constructive feedback, takes an exemplary role towards learning, guiding and mentoring colleagues;
- PC skills: Knowledge of standard MS Office software and expert user of project management software
- Excellent knowledge of English is required