+32 497 71 58 10
Job purpose & objectives:
To promote & launch dedicated product line and increase penetration to specialist in hospitals (and/or private practice)
To achieve market share / volume growth as defined by management in plan
To establish privileged relations with the specialists and key decision makers of his/her product line to champion the company image as a strong scientific and innovative partner within the specialty
- Sales Manager
- Brand Manager
- Other Product Specialists
- Medical Advisor
- Medical Drs and Specialist (Ophthalmologists) in Hospitals and/or private practice specialists, where appropriate
- Hospital Pharmacists
- Hospital Directors/Administration, where appropriate
- Nursing and staff Nurse where appropriate
Tasks and responsibilities
- Calls on targeted (therapeutical) specialists and experts in his territory, to support and accelerate product penetration, based on marketing /sales strategies as defined by product/sales management.
- Organizes hospital staffs, workshops and regional meetings to increase noise level and support the product knowledge & acceptation and business expansion.
- Analyses his territory potential and proposes action plans (priorities-targeting) that assures high return on investment (profitability focus); identifies growth opportunities, presents them to sales mgt, and implements sales strategies to support the development of his product/business.
- Keeps abreast of the hospital formulary situation, and follows up with specific actions in line with strategy and tactics as defined by marketing mgt.
- Defines opportunities and develops customer specific approaches and services in accordance with marketing strategies (including promotion activities, customer support/service, use of specific promotional material and documents, congress and symposia participation…)
- Analyses results and performances (ratio results/investments) via tools provided by product management. Identifies business that is on risk and develops corrective actions where necessary.
- Collects information on competitors’ sales tactics and competitive advantages towards customers; updates himself on the customers’ expectations and keep abreast of specific local situations and issues.
- Represents the company at congresses and symposia, builds trustful relationships with KOL’s, and is able to sustain a strong and integer company image.
- Collects all relevant market info about customers, competitors, and market changes and communicates them through the market Intelligence forms
- Identifies customer needs and convert them into new sales opportunities / added value services which favours return on investment
- Higher Degree, Scientific/healthCare orientation or background
- Experience in a similar function is a +
- Experience in Ophthalmology would be a+
- Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Dutch or French, depending on territory+ good command of English
- Have an in depth view of current customers, potential customers, and competitors' activity.
- Strong selling skills: shows extensive skills to identify and be responsive to customers’ needs and wishes, continually identifies ways of improving business performance and win-win solutions to customer needs.
- Project management skills: ability to initiate, plan, organize, motivate, and coordinate resources & procedures to achieve business goals
- Ability to interpret scientific data, translate scientific results in differentiation arguments
- Excellence in presentation & communication skills strong ability to communicate in an effective way whether in small or large groups
- Digital experience in leveraging new technologies like interactive tablets and new analytics (closed loop marketing) is an asset