+32 497 71 58 10
The MSL Manager plans, directs, coordinates, monitors and supports the activities of the Immunology MSLs to achieve medical, clinical and business objectives within the different MSL therapeutic areas.
The MSL Manager works cross-functionally to identify, develop, and implement MSL strategies and tactics and MSL IF activity, and monitors results.
Immunology MSLs reports to the MSL Manager Immunology.
The position reports to the Medical Manager Immunology.
Fully accountable for the planning, coordination, deployment, direction, and execution of the MSLs in field activity and goals within the designated geographic region to achieve medical, clinical and business objectives within the different therapeutic area.
Proactively analyzes local and regional business needs by working together with the medical and commercial organizations to identify opportunities where MSL function can enhance business results.
Assists the Immunology MM and MAs with business/clinical strategy and tactical plan development (BT adhoc member).
Maintains business and medical knowledge of designated therapeutic area, including current treatment strategies, current and pending competitors, and new therapeutic developments. Continually educate self on global market issues / trends and product knowledge as it pertains to specific business interests.
People management :
- ensures the cross functional integration of the MSL team at the field level.
- Coaching, development and mentoring of team members. Will serve as mentor and trainer for MSLs.
- Managing team and individual performance within their duties, project management and quantifying and reporting results.
- Develop and retain talents.
MSL communication :
- Drives and ensures creation, approval and dissemination of high-quality scientific communication ,within strategy and regulatory and compliance guidelines and according to the omnichannel-mix to fulfill the customer needs
MSL Coordination with Cex department :
- Ensures team members update and maintain all required databases and tools with current and complete information. Ensures appropriate documentation of EE interactions and responses to unsolicited requests and ensures adherence to regulatory and compliance guidelines in all aspects of scientific dissemination of information.
- Ensures overview of field activities through relevant dashboard views
- Acts as de coordinator of MSL related processes cross-TA and cross BU
- Ensures team members training on tools (Veeva, Dashboards..)
- Minimum of a Doctor's Degree in Medicine or Pharmacy Business or PhD. Advanced degree strongly preferred or equivalent by experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with demonstrated leadership success in the following areas: pharmaceutical field-based experience (e.g. MSL) and/or pharmaceutical industry related experience.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly where indicated.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
- Fluent in Dutch, English and French