Payroll & Social Administration Specialist
+32 2 474 06 72
Our client is a pioneering company and global leader in tyres and rubber who is building on its expertise to provide solutions for safe and sustainable mobility. Headquartered in Zaventem, the EMIA region employs more than 20,000 people and conducts business in 40 countries across the region.
The People Solutions team in the Benelux consists of a team of 10 dynamic members and is responsible for the implementation of a broad range of HR activities (HR Administration, Payroll, Recruitment and Employee Experience). They serve about 500 employees in different locations in Belgium and the Netherlands.
As Payroll & Social Administration Specialist you are our expert towards HR Business Partners, managers and employees regarding payroll and Belgian social legislation. You are in charge of all related payroll processes (payroll & related administration of fringe benefits) for the EMEA Headquarters and our different locations. The population covers mostly white collar employees, but also support to blue collar workers population is required.
As our HR processes, tools and services are constantly evolving, you take on an active role in different HR related projects and provide your invaluable input to improve our administrative and payroll processes.
You are the first line of contact for employees for questions related to payroll, benefits and social legislation and play an active role in the onboarding process of newcomers.
Together with the Payroll & Benefits Specialist, you are responsible for the Belgian and Dutch payroll for +500 employees.
Your responsibilities are, for instance:
- Manage general HR administration and process documents for employees, including continuous improvement.
- Ensure correct affiliation of the employee with insurances, process leaves.
- Coordinate the onboarding and offboarding of employees.
- Prepare all document related to social and fiscal audits (internal/external audits and examinations).
- Maintain payroll and time records in the HR system to ensure the information is up-to-date and accurate.
- Collect, review and input payroll information to prepare the payroll cycle.
- Manage and continually improve the quality and efficiency of payroll processes.
- Coordinate different bonus payments.
- Support the Rewards Team on the annual merit review and annual incentive process.
- Initiate, coordinate and implement HR procedures and policies.
- Actively research all payroll and benefits related legislation in order to ensure compliance with legislation and introduce improvements where possible.
- You have minimum 5 years of Payroll experience, preferably in a managed payroll setting or a combination of having done in house payroll as well managed payroll.
- You have a strong experience in social legislation within the Benelux.
- Proficiency in Excel is a must. Experience with SuccessFactors Employee Central would be a plus (SAP SuccessFactors is our HRIS).
- You have strong analytical skills.
- You have high-level customer service skills including outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- You are able to develop strong working relationships with teams, internal partners, stakeholders and vendors to deliver high quality service.
- You have project management skills and experience.
- You are pro-active, hands-on, flexible, eager to learn.
- You possess initiative and drive, with a strong desire to continuously improve processes and deliver against agreed objectives/ service levels.
- You are able to perform under pressure and with demanding deadlines.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English (verbal and writing).
- A permanent contract in a challenging, international work environment with a lot of autonomy and growth opportunities. You will be working in a young and dynamic team with an open culture where initiative is appreciated.
- A competitive salary with extra-legal benefits such as group insurance, hospitalisation insurance, meal vouchers, net expense allowance. Many opportunities for teleworking and flexibility in working hours.