Strategic Procurement Specialist – ICT/Telecom
Business Development Manager
The Brussels Intercommunal Transport Company (Société des Transports Intercommunaux de Bruxelles, STIB - Maatschappij voor het Intercommunaal vervoer te Brussel, MIVB), founded in 1954, is the first urban public transportation company in Belgium.
Every day, it’s some 1,200 vehicles serve the 19 municipalities of the Brussels-Capital Region and 11 suburban municipalities. STIB covers a surface area of 241,5 km². The company provides transport for over 1,100,000 inhabitants, in addition to the thousands of commuters.
In order to support the further strategic development of their centralised procurement division we are currently recruiting a Strategic Procurement Specialist – ICT/Telecom.
You will be part of the Corporate Procurement team with a centralised purchasing scope:
- You will manage all strategic purchasing activities related to the ICT & Telecom spend (e.g. Software/Hardware, Services and Consultancy - 80%) and are able to support on other Indirect Spend (20%) projects when necessary.
- You are responsible for the entire tender management cycle (RFI/RFQ/RFP), where you will interact with your internal clients and the legal department in every stage of the process, and assure alignment with all public procurement legislations & procedures.
- You will act as a SPOQ for the different ICT- & Telecom- departments assuring a solid interaction in order to ensure a clear vision of their strategic purchasing needs and the expected service delivery.
- You will identify the lowest TCO by taking into account costs, delivery performance, flexibility, quality improvement, risk management, sustainability… and strive for continuous improvement through the necessary spend analysis assuring the best ROI for the company.
- You ensure a solid contract management and KPI monitoring.
- You will manage and leverage your suppliers on continuous basis striving for the best possible collaboration and performance e.g.: delivery reliability, contract utilization, pricing and cost follow up and integrate yearly evaluations.
- You assure a solid buy-in with both your suppliers as well as your internal clients aiming for a solid partnership. You will support and participate where needed.
- You will provide benchmark information and keep abreast on market tendencies & changes.
- You will report directly to the Corporate Procurement Manager.
- You obtained a Bachelor or Master degree or equal through relevant experience.
- NEVI or VIB/PI I-2 qualifications are and advantage.
- You gained a strong purchasing experience within Indirect Spend/General Expenses and/or ICT & Telecom. A minimum sourcing experience in the field of ICT & Telecom is required (Software/Hardware, services or Consultancy).
- You are a strong negotiator skilled in procuring solid contracts. You master the market dynamics.
- Experience with Public Procurement is an asset.
- You have experience with different E-sourcing platforms.
- You are fluent in Dutch and French with a good level of English.
- You love and are experienced in process optimizations and are able to analyse information, assure spend analyses, take initiatives and make decisions.
- You are an excellent relationship builder, securing in- and external buy-in, and have a flexible working mentality.
- You combine a high level of emotional intellect with a solid go-getter mentality.
- Strategic & analytical mindset, out of the box thinker, diplomatic, hands-on, accurate, reliable and a real team-player.
MIVB/STIB offers an interesting salary package, including benefits package, next to a challenging role within a solid working environment. Personal growth is stimulated and assured. MIVB/STIB secures a good work/life balance by offering 35 holidays/year and flexible, remote working possibilities.