Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
EVERLAM is an international privately held chemical company headquartered in Mechelen, Belgium. With over 25 years of experience in making high-quality Polyvinyl Butyral (PVB) film for architectural laminated safety glass, EVERLAM has become an international supplier with a reputation for consistent quality and excellent technical support. Their Center of Competence in Mechelen, Belgium, hosts the company’s commercial headquarters, R&D laboratory, technical center as well as the Group Shared Service Center. Bringing together, in one place, the company’s experts in all disciplines, creates stronger synergies across functions to propose innovative solutions to customers.
To further support their strategic growth ambitions we are currently recruiting an experienced Purchasing Manager.
In this role you will be accountable for establishing, re-designing and securing an end- to- end procurement strategy embodied with a strong performance management aproach.
You will assure best value for the company in line with the overall business strategy.
- You will be responsible for the entire purchasing portfolio with a yearly spend of approx. 100 mio €. Your main focus will be on the raw materials (commodities) and packaging. You will also cover the indirect spend portfolio e.g. logistics services, utilities,…
- You will identify the lowest TCO by taking into account costs, delivery performance, flexibility, quality improvement, risk management, sustainability,… and strive for continuous improvement.
- You will assure standard procurement processes are in place e.g. RFI, RFP, RFQ,…
- You will conclude framework contracts, including service level agreements, on which you will continuously manage and leverage your suppliers striving for the optimum balance between the TCO and performance e.g.: delivery reliability, contract utilization, pricing and cost follow up, sustainability,…
- You assure multisourcing is in place where possible and strive to minimize the risks for the company with their single suppliers.
- You assure a solid buy-in with both your suppliers as well as your internal clients (Marketing, Quality, R&D, Logistics, Production, Finance, Legal,…) aiming for a solid partnership.
- You are accountable for the purchase orders and vendor contracting – from pricing, issue resolution to supplier performance and terms and conditions.
- You will provide benchmark information and keep abreast on market tendencies & changes. You will proactively search for new suppliers or initiatives in order to find new business opportunities from a procurement perspective.
- You will be part of the European Leadership Team and report directly to the CEO.
- You obtained a Master degree, preferably within Chemical Engineering or Economics, and have a strong technical affinity. NEVI or VIB/PI I-2 qualifications are an advantage.
- You gained a strong purchasing and sourcing experience within a production environment within the Chemical, Food or Pharmaceutical Industry.
- A proven track record within raw materials sourcing is mandatory. Indirect Spend/ Genex and packaging materials experience are a plus.
- You are a strong negotiator, skilled in procuring solid contracts. You master the market dynamics.
- You are familiar with TQM principles and compliance frameworks i.e. REACH.
- You are an excellent relationship builder and have a flexible working mentality.
- You are able to manage your purchasing activities on a strategic, tactical and operational manner and support your internal clients accordingly.
- You have experience with different E-sourcing platforms.
- You gained a strong experience in setting up and implementing a strategic purchasing plan including the design and implementation of performance management systems.
- You are fluent in English combined with a solid knowledge of Dutch. Knowledge of German is an asset.
- You love and are experienced in process optimizations and are able to analyze information, take initiatives and make decisions.
- Strategic & analytical mindset, out of the box thinker, hands-on, accurate, reliable and a real team-player.
- Flexibility towards travel related to supplier meetings or audits can be required.
Everlam offers an interesting salary package, including company car and benefits package next to a challenging role within a fast growing international environment.They offer you a high level business manager role with a very broad scope, variety and level of autonomy, assuring involvement in the overall strategy.
This role is a non-managerial position.