Contract Manager Infrastructure
Business Development Manager
The Brussels Intercommunal Transport Company (Société des Transports Intercommunaux de Bruxelles, STIB - Maatschappij voor het Intercommunaal vervoer te Brussel, MIVB), founded in 1954, is the first urban public transportation company in Belgium.
Every day, it’s some 1,200 vehicles serve the 19 municipalities of the Brussels-Capital Region and 11 suburban municipalities. STIB covers a surface area of 241,5 km². The company provides transport for over 1,100,000 inhabitants, in addition to the thousands of commuters.
In order to support the further development of their Infrastructure division we are currently recruiting a Contract Manager Infrastructure.
You will be part of the Business Support Infrastructure team and will contribute to the tactical and strategic management of all external suppliers/ providers for the Infrastructure division – with the aim of contributing to the operational excellence of this division through its contracts.
- Your main focus is to define and maintain the strategy that applies to each supplier category. You align the Infrastructure division to a common best practices framework for drawing up technical specifications and you set up a quality control mechanism for these specifications.
- You ensure a solid contract management, KPI monitoring and make sure the best cost/quality ratio during contract execution and manage potential risks related to certain suppliers (business continuity).
- You will act as a SPOC for different suppliers, internal departments (Legal, Procurement, Logistics, Business Performance, …) and external partners assuring a solid interaction in order to ensure a clear vision of the contract management needs and the expected service delivery. You will support and participate where needed.
- You will manage and leverage your suppliers on continuous basis striving for the best possible collaboration and performance e.g.: delivery reliability, contract utilization, pricing and cost follow up and integrate yearly evaluations.
- In close collaboration with the Business Relationship Manager Transport Systems, you define a methodology for contractual follow-up and monitoring.
- You will work in a challenging environment with varied and modern techniques such as; energy, construction, …
- You will report directly to the Manager Business Support Infrastructure.
- You obtained a Bachelor or Master degree or equal through relevant experience.
- You gained a strong +5 years contract management experience - ideally in managing industrial contracts. A strong technical affinity (mechanical, HVAC, electricity,…) is mandatory.
- You love and are experienced in contract management and are able to negotiate, analyse information, take initiatives and make decisions.
- You are an excellent relationship builder, securing in- and external buy-in, and have a flexible working mentality.
- Knowledge of Public Procurement law is a plus.
- Experience with SAP is a plus.
- You combine a high level of emotional intellect with a solid go-getter mentality.
- Analytical mindset, out of the box thinker, diplomatic, hands-on, accurate, reliable and a real team-player.
- You are fluent in Dutch and French.
MIVB/STIB offers an interesting salary package, including benefits package, next to a challenging role within a solid working environment. Personal growth is stimulated and assured. MIVB/STIB secures a good work/life balance by offering 35 holidays/year and flexible, remote working possibilities.